Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 1 Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass Restaurant

Cuisine: Thai

2666 Madison Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45208

McGeej says:

I am a fan of Thai food, having heard so many good things from this restaurant I had to try it for myself. So me and ol' elle got the GPS out and set on our way to experience all the hype for ourselves. Elle, did a pretty good description of the place on the inside and how we felt so there is no sense repeating. I started off with the Lemongrass soup without chicken, and I must say that this soup is the most interesting thing I have had in a long time. It allows you to taste everything from sweet, to spicy, to bitter, and everything in between. It also had mushrooms served floating in the soup which was an excellent compliment to the rest of the flavors floating around with them. In our culture we are not used to tasting such herbs and spices that are used in this soup so I highly recommend trying it. For my meal I ordered the Lemongrass noodle, a mix of what we would call buttered noodles and Lo Mein with various vegetables and chicken in there. It had a sweet kind of taste that I wasn't fond of at first, but by the end of it I started to enjoy. I will be quite honest, I was a little jealous after tasting a bit of elle's food, but you'll have to read her section to see how that went. All in all, if you are a fan of Thai food you must visit Lemongrass very soon, and tell them you found them on Legit Dining!


Elle says:

Well let’s first start off with the atmosphere. The restaurant is very small, but is decorated pleasant and has an extremely welcoming feel. Although the restaurant is small, I never felt cluttered. I also felt like I got more attention from the waiters and waitresses. My water glass never got below the halfway point, as someone seemed to always be checking on me. For an appetizer I had crab ragoons. These are one of my favorite appetizers and here I was not disappointed. The shell was much softer than most that I have tasted and this made them easier to take bites. Oh yeah, they were amazingly tasty too! My favorite part of the meal had to be the main course-Teriyaki Chicken for me. The taste was nothing short of spectacular. It didn’t taste like any teriyaki sauce I have come across before. It had a little kick of spice, but was nothing too shocking. Plus if you prefer no spice you can get a spice level of 0 as the restaurant lets you chose your spice level between one & 10. The vegetables mixed in with the teriyaki were so tender, I found myself eating all of them-Something very rare for a girl who is vegetable-phobic. The mushrooms were cooked perfectly and savored in the sauce it equaled my favorite part of the meal. My only complaint was that a couple hours later I felt myself hungry again. The food didn’t seem to be extremely filling in the long run. It was a good date environment.

Taste Rating: 4 Forks

Would I return? J

Until Next Week!

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment