Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quaker Steak and Lube...

...not our favorite. I think I was more disappointed than Teej on this one because he thought it was a place you went to get your car fixed, but I had heard so many great things about their food that when I received my meal I was let down.


Usually I try not to write about chain restaurants, I like to write about places that are unique to only our Cincinnati area, but the atmosphere here is so interesting I just had to try it out. Located in Milford, Ohio teej and I stopped at the restaurant after visiting Coolest Toys On Earth, (314 Main Street) which is such a fun place that I highly recommend! The employee there will have you trying to solve puzzles, smelling stink potions, shooting you with air puffs, and throwing firecrackers on the street. We spent at least an hour in there!



But enough with that tangent, the restaurant had tons to look at when we finally did arrive. Cars on the walls, old gas pumps, and road signs were just some of the things you could see, but our excitement ended with the lame service. Our waitress was impolite and not willing to care for us at all. While we were still giving her our order she blatantly walked away. It was awful, and the place was empty so I didn't understand any reason she could not provide adequate attention.

Being as their slogan is "Best Wings USA" we figured we would try some wings. All the sauces were listed in descending order from hottest to no spice level. To our surprise the "atomic wing" can only be tasted by those who sign a release form! Totally crazy and not for us, but I would love to see someone try that. We quickly decided on Tequila Lime BBQ because it was something we couldn't get anywhere else. Highly disappointed when they came out-they just tasted like BBQ sauce from your cupboard. Definitely no lime flavor. The advertisement even said they had a smoky flavor to them which they did not. So that was a bummer.

We both got chicken sandwiches that were frankly just mediocre. Nothing special or out of the ordinary, even though i chose the hometown favorite. The only good thing were the onion rings that teej got as a side, which a must say were delicious. Too bad you had to pay extra for them.

Our total ended up being $35, which isn't expensive but for what we got it was pricey. I mean this place is a sports bar. I think we were both wishing we would have went to Applebee's after our experience with Quaker Steak and Lube. Probably a good place to go to watch the game with cold beer and onion rings, but it's not a place for a dinner experience.

Quaker Steak and Lube
590 Chamber Drive
Milford, Oh 45150

1 comment:

  1. wow i found another couple that review together... me and patrick would review food places (we like to eat too), we aren't sure to start a new blog or just add it to one we got. anyways great review... too bad I don't live near you guys. :-(

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete