Friday, February 26, 2010

Mai Thai

I'm so sorry I've been such a bad blogger. I'm changing my ways and promise to blog at least twice a month! With that said, I found a yummy new restaurant that's definitely worth blogging about.

T.J. is a huge Thai fan, I was not so much sold on Thai food at other restaurants that he had taken me to, but after trying my Thai it was a pleasant surprise to my taste buds!

We wanted to try a bit of everything and T.J. just had to taste the sushi. He ordered a spider roll and I ordered some crab puffs. The crab puffs were probably the best I'd ever tasted, the outside shell wasn't so hard and crunchy that it was impossible to bite, like many other restaurants I have tried. There was a nice balance of cream cheese and crab flavor in the filling. It was a great bite each time. The spider roll came out next that was prepared by one of two sushi chefs that stand in a corner bar, which is good knowing that the sushi is fresh! A spider roll contains crab tempura, and avocado. T.J. begged me to try it so I finally did and even though I've tried sushi a million times and disliked it, I actually loved this one! The rolls were much smaller than most rolls I've tried which made the texture a lot more tolerable. The taste was great and it made a sushi believer out of my. Unfortunately, I tried it somewhere else the next day and almost barfed. BUT the spider roll at Mai Thai will always be welcomed by my taste buds.

Main course, which I couldn't finish, was the chicken teriyaki for me and pad thai for T.J. The mushrooms in the chicken teriyaki were delicious and cooked to perfection. T.J.'s pad thai (which i tried several times) was also great.We both got spice levels of 2 so while they were both a little spicy at the beginning, mine was followed by a very savory taste while T.J.'s pad thai was followed with a sweeter taste due to the peanuts. Both wonderful dishes and I'd be excited to go back and try again.

The atmoshpere was very small on the inside, but cute. Candles sat at every table and the restaurant was extremely clean, which i greatly appreciate. I also enjoyed the fresh flowers at each table which could be considered a God send in the middle of a grey, snowy winter. The service is great and you are always paid attention to. Dinner cost about 32 dollars which was about average for all of the food we got, sushi is expensive.

We had a great dinner experience at Mai Thai and I would recommend it to any Thai lovers, or those who are still undecided about Thai, Mai Thai will make up your mind.

Mai Thai

7710 U.S. 42, Florence, KY 41042

Exit 180, across from Wildwood Inn



No comments:

Post a Comment