Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Favorites

I know that T.J. and I haven't eaten at any new places in awhile. I have a newfound love for Indian food so I am really hoping I can write about Ambar in Clifton soon. I am very into the fall season, it's one of my favorites so I thought why not discuss some awesome fall foods and the reason that fall is so great.

#1. Caramel Apples!
Who doesn't like a great caramel apple? There is a place called Schneiders Sweet Shop in Bellevue Kentucky that has a lot of different variety of home made caramel apples. Some of the varieties include caramel apples with M&M's, caramel apples dipped in chocolate, and of course the classic caramel apples with nuts. They are very delicious and I wish I had a picture to show you. My family is going camping this weekend and I am making a caramel apple dip. If it turns out good I will have to share the recipe with all of you.

#2. Hot chocolate!
Hot chocolate is soooo yummy if you ask me and my friend Mallory's Mom makes DELICIOUS home-made powder. My suggestion from a can would be to use a mix that uses milk instead of water. This creates a much richer flavor. Also there are mini marshmallows out now that are in the shape of ghosts, perfect for Halloween.

#3. Pumpkin Flavors!
Everyone has their own favorite pumpkin flavor whether it be pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, or pumpkin bread. T.J.'s favorite is a pumpkin roll, I haven't seen any in the stores yet so I may have to get a recipe from my sister Lisa who has made several before.

What's your favorite fall treat?

1 comment:

  1. I should do a diy on my blog for mom's hot chocolate!
    UDF's soft serve pumpkin is really good!

    ReplyDelete