Friday, October 8, 2010

Rio Grande

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

(859) 292-8750

34 Carothers Rd

Newport, KY 41071

Rio Grande Mexican restaurant is a local favorite for T.J. and I. It is a very low key restaurant with a come as you are atmosphere. Sometimes on Fridays and Saturdays they are packed and you may have to wait for a few minutes but you will get seated pretty quickly.
Rio Grande has more traditional Mexican fare including burritos, tacos, faijitas and taco salads. I got the burrito grande which is what I get every time I go there and the best part is that it is only 7.99! It's a large plate of food that includes rice and refriend beans on the side. The actual burrito can have chicken or beef. I opted for the chicken inside. The top is full of shredded white cheese. The cheese is one of my favorite parts of the burrito, it is a type of mexican cheese that doesn't have a harsh flavor and makes the burrito very creamy. It also has sour cream and a big tomato on top. T.J. got the same thing as I did but we also recommend the taco salad which is delicious as well.
When we went this time T.J. asked for a side of guacamole but they just brought him out a bowl of it and didn't bring out his burrito even though he asked for one. They then brought out the burrito and apologized but charged 3.29 for the guac! That's crazyness! So a word of caution would be not to ask for a side of guacomole and just pass on it when you go there, it's not THAT good anywas.
Still we would recommend checking it out if you have never been there before. I have heard they have great frozen margaritas as well but haven't gotten to try them yet. Hopefully after January 23 I will have a margarita party there!

Adios Amigos!
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion:
    una margarita fiesta es perfecto por tu veintiuno cumpleanos!

    ReplyDelete